Thursday 15 August 2013

Every journey starts somewhere.

Student entry

The students find out that they have been selected for ALiM...

I asked them to do a quick written reflection on how they felt...



I felt so happy because last night I told my mum that I need to work on my maths to move up to a higher level and it so amazing and I am so nervous.
Ana

I feel nervous, happy and grateful. I'm starting to get goosebumps.
Prashneel

I feel amazing and great because my learning got a little bit harder but I want this special group to be extremely hard. I feel like I'm proud of myself because I just can't wait for lots of hard work. 
Tufui

I feel nervous, my heart is beating fast. Well, I feel good but I'm really nervous doing the Gloss test alone and I wish that they don't give me hard questions because I don't know all my timestables but I'm still super excited because we are going to have our own blog and 200 schools will share their work and stuff. I am proud, it will be hard work but at least it will improve my learning.
Rahil

I feel so amazed and shocked because I always tell my mum that my maths is going very well and she will be happy. Thank God I am here.
Sione

I feel so happy because last night I told mum that my maths in class needs to be a lot harder and I should be doing a lot better in maths. And guess what? I am going to be! So I am so happy and blessed.
Milania

I feel nervous and happy. I am so nervous doing the test and I feel happy because I will be making my learning high.
Pomphan


2 comments:

  1. This just shows us how much our students and their families want success and we will provide! So excited Emma for what will be a great learning adventure! You will be incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could not have launched this programme more perfectly, Emma - you can tell by their reflections that the students have such a sense of ownership, pride and enthusiasm toward their learning and improvement in maths. You are really going to ensure that these students enjoy their learning journey, Emma - I'm so excited to see the progress!!

    ReplyDelete