Friday 16 August 2013

Lots of questions...

Teacher entry

To make a difference I need to do things differently...


I need to start by asking questions and seeking the answers. The following question and sub-questions are based around the theme of Mathematical Discourse. 


Teaching as Inquiry

Will a focus on my deliberate acts of teaching enhance student discourse?


What are my listening skills like?
How long am I waiting for the answer?
What kinds of questions am I asking?
How am I using student response to clarify and inform the next line of questioning?

What does effective student discourse look and sound like?


What type of environment do I need to create to elicit student thinking/discussion?
How can I develop risk taking?
What are possible strategies?
Is there professional reading that I need to do?
Who can model this for me?


To track progress of the Inquiry question
How will I know at any given time I am making progress?
How will the children?

No comments:

Post a Comment